Julie's Jacobean Jacket

Jacket from the early 1600s....A quick and dirty 1 month project.

Friday, September 22, 2006

The Perfect Hour Glass?

Cuz with a farthingale on the bottom and a hat shaped like this on top, that's what I'll be, right?



Anywho, I think the hat is finished except for some decorations/feathery bits, which I don't have yet. I forgot to snap a picture of the lining, but its rather disappointing, cuz its *gasp* green cotton, so it actually matches the hat. That just seems so un-elizabethan, so I tried to make up for it by adding a nicely clashing maroon wool strip (which still needs to be stitched on, just in case I change my mind). ;)

I think the brim covering fabric could be smoother, and I really think the headhole shrunk a bit during construction, cuz it really, um, hugs my head. But its wearable, and despite little probs, I like the overall look.

I think I'll be the mad hatter for halloween..... What does the card that goes in his hat say?

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

So. Cute.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Julebug said...

Hehe, it leaves a little red ring round my forehead when i take it off. Remind me to leave it on all day at faire, k?

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home