Julie's Jacobean Jacket

Jacket from the early 1600s....A quick and dirty 1 month project.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

What, Another Diary?

I know what you're thinking..."what happened to Adam's Merchant Class Elizabethan?" The answer is that I really will finish it (and plan to for this season), but I needed a break from it. And conveniently, that break will be used to make msyelf a new costume.
Lest you think I'm a selfish costume monger (heh), I have a perfectly logical reason for the "me first" attitude. I will be going to the Roanoke faire with Beth and Anita at the end of this month, and Adam is NOT going, so basically, I need my costume earlier, so I should make it first.

Okay, justification out of the way...Beth is working on her surcoat ensemble for this faire, and originally, I had hoped to work on my surcoat as well. But my surcoat involves a LOT of embroidery that I simply can't do in a month.
Fate to the rescue: I recently received a gift from an online friend, Adele. I've decided to use the jacobean fabric for, well, a jacobean jacket (see it in a portrait here). I had a navy wool from trimfabrics in my stash, and though I'd originally intended to use it for a fitted elizabethan gown, I think it compliments the jacobean print well:


jacobean fabrics

So that's my plan. I've got a month to execute it. I need to think about ruffs/headgear, etc still...

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I can't tell you how much I like that Jacobean print. You shall be the belle of the faire.

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home